- Key SITE LEADER for Safety: Responsible for developing and implementing organizational safety program, and conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazards, plan & implement precautionary measures.
- Responsible for managing key projects/initiatives from conception to completion. This position will be responsible for coordinating with other team members as well as external parties.
- Position reports directly to RL Andoain Site Leader/Director Ops. , and dotted line to HSE Manager EU.
- Interacts with all functions within ITASA, indirect labor and special dedication to direct labor.
- External relationships include customers and suppliers or corporate H&S, as required.
- Lead, support, and monitor the implementation of the HSE strategy.
- Ensure that the workplace is monitored and is fully in compliance with all applicable OSHA/EU Equivalent standards, rules and regulations in order to maintain safety in manufacturing facilities.
- Ensure that Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are maintained and communicated to employees.
- Coordinator on main maintenance operations to be performed on production shutdowns (special calendar)
- Together with Integrated Systems Manager, ensure the results of safety inspections are documented; monitoring the investigation of accidents and injuries; ensuring that corrective actions are taken; and providing recommendations for ways to prevent similar accidents. Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and to bring to the attention of the Management, any relevant new legislation.
- Carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the findings on the relevant forms. Ensure that all accident reports are recorded in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- Ensure that an adequate program of training for health and safety is established and that the safety culture is encouraged amongst employees.
- Special focus and management of LIFE CRITICAL RULES (Hazardous Energy, Machine guarding, Working at Height, suspended Load, Confined Space, Electricity)
- Example of technical safety tasks:
- Install local electrical lock-out on those SIL machines that don't yet have it,
- Serving as the site LOTO program coordinator
- Implement ergonomic solutions,
- Machine guarding / safeguarding improvements,
- Robotics / automation,
- Raw Material, WIP and finished goods storage improvements,
- Predictive / Preventive maintenance on equipment and machinery,
- Implementing segregation solutions for pedestrians and powered vehicles
- Shaft-handling solutions
- Conveyors and packaging
- Fire Protection System
- Leading Indicators (Risk detection & correction)
- Lagging indicators (TRIR)
- Maturity in Safety Culture/Improvement for all employees
HSE Site Leader for Release Liners BU – Andoain
|Código de la oferta||C-20231001|
- Degree in Technical Discipline (Engineering)
- 5+ years’ experience in this position (safety leader in top safety culture industrial company)
- English advanced level desired
- A post-degree in a health, safety is a must HSE Qualification(post-degree in environmental field of study will be a plus).
- Knowledge of EN / ISO / IEEE machine standards would be ideal but not necessary
- Hands-on experience implementing
- Good organization skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to train employees effectively, facilitate groups, and lead multi-functional resources in a fact based, results-oriented environment required.
Personal Trait Profile
- Excellent communication and instruction skills. Ability to influence others.
- Independent thinker with initiative, an open mind and a “can do” attitude
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Subject matter expert: Decision maker
- Lives the “continuous improvement” philosophy